At a height of 3200m, the remote mountain town of Sary Tash in southern Kyrgyzstan enjoys excellent ski touring conditions throughout the winter. At Remote Corner we are proud to be running a guided ski touring trip to this exciting region in the coming season.
Price: £849 per person. Group discounts apply.
Our trip includes costs for all transfers, accommodation, meals and guides.
There are no lifts in the area so a good level of fitness and off-piste skiing ability is required.
A sample itinerary would be 8 days from Sunday to Saturday and allow for six full days skiing.
The trip starts and finishes in the city of Osh.
- Day 1: Arrival in Osh and transfer to Sary Tash. Skiing / acclimatisation in the afternoon.
- Day 2: Guided ski-touring
- Day 3: Guided ski-touring
- Day 4: Guided ski-touring
- Day 5: Guided ski-touring
- Day 6: Guided ski-touring
- Day 7: Transfer to Osh.
The final itinerary will be confirmed based on group ability and local conditions. Vehicles will be used to transfer to the beginning of routes – between 3 and 30km from Sary Tash – which may include skiing in the region of Pik Lenin (7134m), tree-skiing or skiing from other local mountains (e.g. Pik Fritz and Taldyk Pass). The highest we are likely to ski from is 4500m, for which we will need to consider an appropriate acclimatisation plan. We may also choose to stay in a neighbouring village, Chon Alai, to combine various day trips.
Transfers to and from Bishkek can be provided at an additional cost if this is preferred, but an extra day each side of the programme should be allowed.
Full board, shared guesthouse accommodation is provided each night of the tour in Sary Tash.
Sary Tash is a remote Kyrgyz town and high-end hotels are not available. The accommodation provided is clean and comfortable, but don’t expect luxury.
Similar accommodation may also be provided in Chon Alai for 1-2 days should the itinerary require this.
Morning and evening meals are provided in Sary Tash, and a packed lunch will be provided for skiing days. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you. Power bars etc. are not available locally so if you require anything of this nature we would suggest bringing it from home.
For a group of up to four people we include a lead guide, for groups between five and eight, an assistant guide is also included. Shamurat, our lead guide, is a local resident of Sary Tash and has been ski guiding in the region for over seven years. He is enrolled in the Swiss-led programme ‘Winter Sports Projekt’ and has received training in avalanche safety, high altitude acclimatisation and first aid as well as general ski-guiding skills.
Our assistant guide is an experience local skier who is familiar with all of the routes proposed.
Rental of quality equipment in Kyrgyzstan is hard to come by and you will need to bring the following items with you:
- All personal ski touring equipment – skis (with touring bindings), boots, poles, skins, helmet etc.
- Avalanche safety equipment
- beacon (essential)
- transceiver (essential)
- probe (essential)
- shovel (essential)
- Airbag (recommended)
- Warm clothing for skiing and the evening (day time temperatures are expected to be -5 to -9ºC, night time -13 to -19ºC.)
- Personal rescue and medical insurance
Should you have any questions or queries about the trip, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on (+44)7747 810543 or send us an email on email@example.com and we will be pleased to assist.
Maximum group size: 8
- Airfare to Kyrgyzstan
- Personal expenses, equipment and clothing
- Personal insurance
- Meals outside of Sary Tash
- Skiing equipment, including avalanche equipment
- Single room accommodation
- Any costs related to obtaining visas
- Any food or drink outside of the meals provided (including alcoholic drinks)