At a height of 3200m, the remote mountain town of Sary Tash in southern Kyrgyzstan enjoys excellent ski touring conditions throughout the winter. At Remote Corner we are proud to be offering two guided ski touring trips to this exciting region in the coming season. Join us between either 25th February – 3rd March or 4th – 10th March 2018 and let’s hit the powder in the shadow of the mighty Pik Lenin (7134m).
Price: £849 per person
Our trip includes costs for all transfers, accommodation, meals and guides.
There are no lifts in the area so a good level of fitness is required. Both a lead guide and an assistant guide are included within the cost of the trip to allow for mixed ability within the group but, nevertheless, a good level of off-piste skiing ability is required.
We are running two trips to Kyrgyzstan in 2018 to accord with the prime powder skiing conditions.
Trip 1: Sunday 25th February – Saturday 3rd March 2018
Trip 2: Sunday 4th – Saturday 10th March 2018
Both trips start and finish in the city of Osh, are and allow for up to 7 days skiing, subject to flight times.
- Day 1: Arrival in Osh and transfer to Sary Tash. Skiing in the afternoon if arrival times allow.
- Day 2: Guided ski-touring
- Day 3: Guided ski-touring
- Day 4: Guided ski-touring
- Day 5: Guided ski-touring
- Day 6: Guided ski-touring
- Day 7: Transfer to Osh. Skiing in the morning if departure times allow.
Transfers to and from Bishkek can be provided at an additional cost if this is preferred, but an extra day each side of the programme should be allowed.
Full board, shared guesthouse accommodation is provided each night of the tour in Sary Tash.
Sary Tash is a remote Kyrgyz town and high-end hotels are not available. The accommodation provided is clean and comfortable, but don’t expect luxury.
Morning and evening meals are provided in Sary Tash, and a packed lunch will be provided for skiing days. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you. Power bars etc. are not available locally so if you require anything of this nature we would suggest bringing it from home.
Our lead guide is an experienced local guide who has received intensive training from a Swiss-led ski guiding/instructor programme in Kyrgyzstan. Our assistant guide is an experienced off-piste skier familiar with the local area.
Rental of quality equipment in Kyrgyzstan is hard to come by and you will need to bring the following items with you:
- All personal ski touring equipment – skis (with touring bindings), boots, poles, skins, helmet etc.
- Avalanche safety equipment
- beacon (essential)
- transceiver (essential)
- probe (essential)
- shovel (essential)
- Airbag (recommended)
- Warm clothing for skiing and the evening (day time temperatures are expected to be -5 to -9ºC, night time -13 to -19ºC.)
- Personal rescue and medical insurance
£849 per person.
Should you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on (+44)01822 370007 or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to assist.
Maximum group size: 8
- Airfare to Kyrgyzstan
- Personal expenses, equipment and clothing
- Personal insurance
- Meals outside of Sary Tash
- Skiing equipment, including avalanche equipment
- Single room accommodation
- Any costs related to obtaining visas
- Any food or drink outside of the meals provided (including alcoholic drinks)